One of the questions I get most often is, “How do I set up email on my smart phone?”
These step-by-step instructions will guide you through setup of your Small Web Solutions hosted email account from iPhone, iPod Touch and/or iPad. They are configured specifically for email accounts on the dedicated Small Web Solutions server. (If your email is hosted on a different hosting service, please go to their website for instructions.)
1. If this is the first account you’re setting up on the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen tap Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Add Account.
2. To set up email to work with your domain email address, tap Other (at the very bottom of the selections).
3. Enter your Name, Address (email address), Email Password, and the description. (You can use the full email address for the description. This is what will appear as the name of your email account when viewing on your device.)
4. Tap SAVE. POP or IMAP will be show on top.
5. Tap POP so it will be highlighted.
6. Configure as follows:
POP Account Information
Name: Your name
Address: Full email address
Description: (You can use the full email address here again. This is what will appear as the name of your email account when viewing on your device.)
Incoming Mail Server
Host Name: mail.yourdomain.com
Username: (full email address)
Password: (email password)
-> Tap Done/Verify.
7. If the system shows the message “Cannot verify server indentity,” tap Details, then tap Accept.
8. After you accept, go back HOME go to -> Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Select the email account you set up earlier and review the incoming mail server and SMTP (outgoing mail server) settings.
9. Tap SMTP mail.yourdomain.com -> tap mail.yourdomain.com
10. Configure and/or verify as follows:
Use SSL: OFF
Server Port number : 26
Once confirmed tap DONE.
11. Go back to the email setting screen and click Advanced to check your POP settings. Configure and/or verify as follows:
Server Port: 110
12. Tap Done/Verify. Your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad is now configured to send and receive your domain email.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we may provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We may also provide direction to third-party websites for additional information, but we do not endorse or bear liability for use of information found on such third-party websites.