Why, you ask yourself, does my business need a website? Since you’re already checking out what we have to offer, it’s safe to assume that you think you need a website already. But if you’re looking for some hard, logical reasoning, here you go!
- Establish a web presence to reach more clients or customers. As of August, 2016, over 88% of the U.S. population (287 million people) were using the Internet in one form or another, and 90% of those users had either contacted a business or purchased a product online in the past 12 months. Not having a website means you could be missing out on a big piece of the online pie in your industry.
- Advertise for less. What other form of advertising allows potential customers 24-hour access, 365 days a year? And you get to control the message with full-color images, meaningful content and easy contact forms to generate leads. Can’t do that with a newspaper, magazine or billboard ad!
- Increase business credibility. A well-designed website can go a long way toward legitimizing your business reputation. Did you know that according to Stanford University, 75% of people judge the credibility of a company based upon the look and professionalism of its website? Even a bank will check your online presence when applying for a business loan.
- Increase customer satisfaction. Because of its extensive reach and availability, a website can help your company provide better service, better information, better support, and help you develop a stronger relationship with your customers. A presence on the Internet also tells your customers that you are staying current with technology, which is a reflection of how well you stay current in your industry.
- Make you and your staff more effective. Do you get phone calls every week from customers asking the same questions? You can educate them with a Frequent Questions page, as well as provide downloadable documentation for products or services that will encourage a little self-service on their part. Rather than spending valuable time on the phone responding to ordinary informational questions, your staff can attend to important day-to-day tasks with fewer interruptions.
- Relay important information to your customer base instantaneously. Updates to your website can be accessed simultaneously by thousands at the click of a mouse. Posting critical, late-breaking information on your company website is the most cost-effective way of distributing information quickly to a large audience. If you are an organization that sends out newsletters by mail, save hundreds to thousands of dollars a year on mailing costs by making an electronic version of your newsletter available online.
- Get your own firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Are you using a Yahoo!, AOL or Gmail email address for business communications? If so, that is not a great way to build a good business reputation. With your website, you also get email using your domain name. This creates instant credibility with customers and clients.
Those are just seven good reasons to have a website for your business. There are lots of others — online appointment scheduling, real-time customer interaction, social networking and many more. Small Web Solutions can create the most cost-effective website possible for your business! Let’s get started!
Okay, I want a website!
Small Web Solutions offers:
professional & original web design
- server-side content management systems
blogs & news feeds
- photo editing, enhancement & optimization
PDF document conversion/security
- professional online forms
- third-party email marketing integration
You must be logged in to post a comment.